After more than a year without a curator of decorative arts, things are looking up on the High's design front with the arrival of Los Angeles curator Ronald Labaco, who has organized previous exhibitions on cult ceramist Eva Zeisel and Italian designer Ettore Sottsass.
1) Mossonline.com: "One-stop Internet shopping for the coolest modern and historical design."
2) Mariko Mori: "This contemporary Japanese artist's photography is enchanting."
3) Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules, edited by David Sedaris: "Short stories by both contemporary and classic modern authors selected by one of my favorite writers, and the proceeds support a nonprofit tutoring center in Brooklyn."
4) "Law & Order": "I'm addicted, and I've seen each and every episode at least six times."
5) Memphis design: "The Milan-based 'Memphis' design collaborative influenced the look of the 1980s with its whimsical color combinations, provocative shapes and patterned decoration. (Remember Danny DeVito trying to sit comfortably in a Memphis chair in the film Ruthless People?) Vintage works can be found at rock-bottom prices because the secondary market hasn't rediscovered the works at least not yet."